Wow. I was nominated by the immensely talented Leadinglady at Mom on the Go to post seven sort of interesting things about me. If you haven’t checked out her blog, you should. It’s really good, and she’s a great photographer who captures amazing snippets of her life with beauty.
Without further adieu, here are the seven sort of interesting things about me:
- I enlisted into the National Guard at age 49 today. That sounds crazy, but it makes sense when you learn that I have spent 11 years on active duty in the Marines and that I only need 9 more years to complete my 20 years to a retirement.
- As a Marine, I was an on-air radio DJ in the Philippines as part of the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (also known as AFRTS). I was volunteering and trying to OJT into a new MOS at the time. It was a lot of fun!
- I play bass guitar in a band with my daughter who is the singer and my wife who plays drums. Two friends round out the band playing guitars. Our band is named Ninja Fist Class.
- I met Jesse Owens as a kid and sat in his lap as he told me about how he began running.
- My first concert was Elvis Presley when I was 10 years old. He died shortly thereafter.
- I massaged Courtney Love’s feet. It’s a long story. Maybe one day I’ll tell the entire tale.
- I met my wife because of blogging. Again, another long story, and I’ll probably post it in the future.
So there you have it! Seven sort of interesting things about me!
I’ll try to follow the spirit of this by listing some blogs here. I’m getting ready for a trip out of the country right now, so it’ll have to wait a bit. I will do it, though!